Thoughts on this pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can't see your pictures. The permission is set to private.

I would consider that a CESA assist bottle rather than a pony but if that's all you want it looks like a good value.
I went with a used 13 cuft and use it when not using a second full size in sm.

Looks like a spare air type of emergency air. Won't give you much gas. Not what most would consider a pony.

Make sure it is in hydro (yes, those still require hydro)

I would say no. Where are you going to get the reg serviced? Does it need serviced? Looks like an Aqualung product made for the military. I'd wonder how he got ahold of it. The military might want to know as well.

Looks a bit like an aviator's bailout bottle.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll pass.

For future reference: those are military, probably surplus, egress tanks. 3cf, 3000psi. It still needs an inspection. I had one, SRU-40B/P HABD. Mine was an older model. It didn't come with a refill adapter, which you need. 2nd stage was a Left hand Micra. The tank thread is not standard, so you can't just reuse the 1st stage it on a larger bottle.

I tested mine in a pool and got about 10 breaths out of it. Not worth $100, especially without the adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom