Thoughts on tech shorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunshower

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need to get some pockets for diving in a wet suit and want to pick up some shorts. However, I have a little concern about the shorts sliding down. I like that the Apeks have a belt but I don't like the price. Anyone have experience with Scubapro or DGX shorts?

I have a pair of Highland with a cord strap type belt did not have a problem with them slipping down put did mess up trim. ( Feet heavy ) wound up adding just pockets to the suit. (Lite monkey )

I also have the highland shorts. As B24L mentioned, they have these loops that you can thread your waist belt through to hold them up. I've never used the loops. I just pull the built in waist cinch tight and they stay put.

Scubapros are great, no problem with slipping. The pockets aren't the biggest out there, but they are stretchy.

-Chris

It is not difficult to glue pockets onto your wetsuit. The shorts work fine but in the long run it's probably better to just go for permanent pockets.

I swapped to a 6mm bungee than the shoelace to tighten up the shorts. No muss, no fuss!

_R

I've got a pair of scubapro shorts. They are great, just buy them tight. I've got to work to get them on, but I don't have an issue with them sliding

I have a pair Highlands that I use with a wetsuit and when my drysuit didn't have pockets. Never had an issue with them sliding down, course the crotch strap on the BP&W helps keep them ending up around the ankles. :wink:

I have seen a tremendous number of these shorts on the boat when I had it. I never saw a set slide down on anyone.

The DGX pocket shorts run large for the labeled size. Mine feel a bit baggy, but they have never slipped down. I don't use them much anymore since switching to a drysuit for tech-y diving. If I were doing tech diving in sweltering tropics, I'd probably bite the bullet and glue pockets to my wetsuit. The pocket shorts seem like a compromise.

Back
Top Bottom