Thoughts on getting a new Mask and help deciding.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do those do anything special that makes diving better than a plain clear mask or do they just look cool?

My dad dives with one. He says it cuts the glare.
The other DMs on my boat would have contests seeing how long they could go without letting anyone see their eyes. One had a pair of mirrored oakleys and a reflective mask, whenever he switched between the two he would look off the stern so nobody could see.

Maybe this can be the next scubaboard challenge? No-eye dive boat ride.

My dad dives with one. He says it cuts the glare.
The other DMs on my boat would have contests seeing how long they could go without letting anyone see their eyes. One had a pair of mirrored oakleys and a reflective mask, whenever he switched between the two he would look off the stern so nobody could see.

Maybe this can be the next scubaboard challenge? No-eye dive boat ride.

Why, so you cannot tell if they are on drugs?

N

for me (narrow face and big nose), a cheap tusa platina is the mask i found to fit good and have a low profile. had mine 9 years before buying a second one. i found myself drooling over the sexy and very highly rated atomic masks with rubberized frame and finnaly went to buy one(medium size for the narrow face) one day....put it on, fit great, sucked in through nose and it sealed nice,went to pinch the nose pocket as if equalizing and couldn't get my fingers in there far enough to pinch anything but the tip of my nose! atomic put the frame edge to close to the nose pocket! oh well, there went that idea. i've learned not to try and cheat on my tusa platina!

If the mask fits, doesn't leak and you like it......Anything else doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom