Thought I'd check in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've lurked here from time to time but I guess I can now "Officially" post here. Today was tryouts for our dive team (Charlotte County, FL Sheriff's Office) and I'm gloating here a little, but I passed. :D

According to the Lt. in charge of the Unit we already have a Check for about $9,000.00 already cut and waiting to be spent and everyone is getting all new gear.....BC, Wet and Dry suits Regs etc.....

Anyway, I'll be checking in here often for good info,

Be Safe out there everyone,

Wildbill:cop_2:

Wildbill:
Today was tryouts for our dive team (Charlotte County, FL Sheriff's Office) and I'm gloating here a little, but I passed. :D

:banana:

WAY TO GO !!!

Wildbill:
I've lurked here from time to time but I guess I can now "Officially" post here. Today was tryouts for our dive team (Charlotte County, FL Sheriff's Office) and I'm gloating here a little, but I passed. :D

According to the Lt. in charge of the Unit we already have a Check for about $9,000.00 already cut and waiting to be spent and everyone is getting all new gear.....BC, Wet and Dry suits Regs etc.....

Anyway, I'll be checking in here often for good info,

Be Safe out there everyone,

Hey, Hey -- COGRADULATIONS BRO!!

Good on ya, Wish I say the same about about our department.

Most of us have to buy our own gear (not to complain).
It has it's ups and downs though:
On the plus side - You can be sure your equipment will fit; You know where it's been / what it's been through /, and what it can and cannot do.

On the down side - Most (about 85%) of the maintenance / replacement costs come out of your (and thus your wife's) wallet. :wink:

In any case, Congradulations!!

Congrats.

Do not let peer pressure push you into something you don't feel good about doing.

Gary D.

I can honestly say I'm looking forward to being on the team. The other members are a great bunch of guys and I really trust them. Not looking forward to the muck and junk that I'll be in but the training and experience I recieve should be top notch.

The Lt. In charge also has recently been given the Air Unit and Marine Unit under him and he wants to combine a lot of the training. Like teach us about the boats so that we can use them, Get us up in the birds and do deployments from them etc..... He is also currently working on a deal with a dealer to get us some Jet Skis to use. It just so happens that my Assigned Unit is an Unmarked F-150 Pickup So it will be likely that I would be the towing unit for them.

Anyway, Thanks again....looking forward to swapping stories and gain some knowledge from you all.

Take care and be safe,

Wildbill:

Congrats! Good luck with the training and learn everything you can.

The one input I will provide about department supplied equipment is the need for the equipment to be exactly the same for "diver" emergency situations. Back-up and 90% ready divers need to know the equipment they will be working with in an emergency. Individual equipment is all different and adds to the complexity of rescue.

Dive safe!

Dan

Boater Dan:
Wildbill:

Congrats! Good luck with the training and learn everything you can.

The one input I will provide about department supplied equipment is the need for the equipment to be exactly the same for "diver" emergency situations. Back-up and 90% ready divers need to know the equipment they will be working with in an emergency. Individual equipment is all different and adds to the complexity of rescue.

Dive safe!

Dan

Well put Dan.

We have department gear but it is issued to each of us. Nobody uses it but who ever it is issued to. It's the same as owning your own but without paying for it.

I do own mine but I do a lot of work on the side so I'm not changing gear all the time.

If it's Rescue mode the gear needs to be the same. Recovery can have some freedom.

Gary D.

ps; Watch the National news for the Aryan Parade in CdA today. I'll be in the middle of things, YUCK, protecting those jerks. :^(

All the new gear will be the same and issued to us to keep with us for call-outs. I do agree about having same equiptment, makes sense that everyone will be familar with everyone else's gear. We used to have the same agreement with the local PD and had the same sidearms, Sig P226 9mm. That way, heaven forbid if the stuff hits the oscillator both PD and SO could trade/switch equiptment. But we both now have different bosses and that no longer applies. They went with .40cal Glocks and we still have the same.....we should upgrade as well.

See Ya' on the boards or in the water,

Stay Safe,

Way to go! I'm sure you will do a good job.

Hey you should get your dept to get all bp/wings with harnesses for the team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom