This Weekend 5/14-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone going out this weekend? Beach dive or otherwise?

Marc

Not to hijack this thread, but.......

I was wondering if anyone could give an update on the conditions at LBTS for the weekend. I was considering a dive.

Dantastic:
Not to hijack this thread, but.......

I was wondering if anyone could give an update on the conditions at LBTS for the weekend. I was considering a dive.

Sure! Winds are out of the east so the water is choppy & there is some wave action to contend with. Last night when a few of us went out, it was pretty low visability- maybe 15 ft, if that. Lots of surge, some current. looks as if it's going to continue that way all weekend with the winds hopefully dying down a little. No change in wind direction is forecast, though... probably won't be diving much, if any, this weekend. :11:

At noon the water is still choppy and shore visibility will be the same (15' or so) BUT the wind has settled down a bit so MAYBE Sunday will be "just ok" but I doubt it... that killer current seems to have relented, however.

It's weeks like these, with wind wind wind and the surf it brings, that I long for the Summers of 02 & 03 where we shore-dove EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY... I'd go in to work early - as early as 5am sometimes - so that I could get out by 2pm. It took 8 minutes to hit the water from the time I pulled my car in the lot (they timed me). Ahh... those humpday-morning dives, night dives... when we were young and non-windblown.

Youth is wasted on the young and non-windblown...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom