This Really good picture i took last weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That photo of the nudi pretty good have agree about leaving the flash of for wide angle shots but makes a difference for the closer shots.

That photo of the nudi pretty good have agree about leaving the flash of for wide angle shots but makes a difference for the closer shots.

Thank You :D Flash is more for Close shot in semi dark to low light areas and just having the flash on with wide angle shots just shows all the crud in the water.

As you can see Picture one is with flash on and Picture two is with out the flash its a good example.

Attachments

• PICT4458.jpg
    PICT4458.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT4459.jpg
    PICT4459.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 23
The nudi in question is the Florida Regal Sea Goddess (Hypselodoris edenticulata). I got one on a dive off of Ft. Lauderdale in 2005.

Attachments

• Florida Sea Goddess_small.JPG
    Florida Sea Goddess_small.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 52
Ya i am still learning how to position the flash just right and use the right power levels to make a good picture as you can see below.

First picture with Flash second picture without flash.

Regarding the pictures i posted above i fixed them they look amazing!

Attachments

• PICT1284.jpg
    PICT1284.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 50
  • PICT4459.jpg
    PICT4459.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 48
  • PICT1373.jpg
    PICT1373.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 55
Ahh, much better. Try a little curve in post i.e up the whites and darken the blacks and it should saturate and add contrast, not that you need much as the picture is great.
Good Diving!

Ahh, much better. Try a little curve in post i.e up the whites and darken the blacks and it should saturate and add contrast, not that you need much as the picture is great.
Good Diving!

Thanks!

Thank You and the Camera i have is the INTOVA iC 800 the 8.0mp and it says for the white balance is set to auto and i can't change it because i have it set to "Anti-Shake" mode to help me out in the currents.

In my OP the flash is more for up close with coral and animals such as the "Navanaz Snail" to help capture the color and the cool little creature.

I am looking into the Wide angle lens from INTOVA but i need to get to work and save money cause i think its $120.00 i think under water it allows 75 degrees of view and above water 85 degrees of view.

I also have the SP8 camera and housing and on the suggestion of others am also looking to maybe buy the strobe and wide angle lens for it. Do you know if the Intova wide angle lens actually fits this camera housing? From what I can see there's no way to attach a wide angle lens to this setup...I'd be happy to be told I'm wrong here though!

Edit: nevermind. apparently b&h sells adapters :)

I also have the SP8 camera and housing and on the suggestion of others am also looking to maybe buy the strobe and wide angle lens for it. Do you know if the Intova wide angle lens actually fits this camera housing? From what I can see there's no way to attach a wide angle lens to this setup...I'd be happy to be told I'm wrong here though!

Edit: nevermind. apparently b&h sells adapters :)

YES it fits any Intova Housing just like the 46 mm that came with it i tried it out but did not buy it cause i am saving money for the new IC12 that is coming out soon. xD

I also have a strobe i have the Intova Slave Flash 2000 its amazing!!

YES it fits any Intova Housing just like the 46 mm that came with it i tried it out but did not buy it cause i am saving money for the new IC12 that is coming out soon. xD

I also have a strobe i have the Intova Slave Flash 2000 its amazing!!

Hmm. Now there's an idea! I have a couple of months before my next diving trip. Might wait and see what the IC12 reviews are like and then keep the SP8 as a backup. I think my budget can stretch enough to get that, the strobe and the wide angle and macro lenses.

I did get an email back from Intova though. I need to buy an adapter to use the wide angle lens on the SP8 housing. I just realised you have the IC800 and not the SP8. Different cameras and housings.

Hmm. Now there's an idea! I have a couple of months before my next diving trip. Might wait and see what the IC12 reviews are like and then keep the SP8 as a backup. I think my budget can stretch enough to get that, the strobe and the wide angle and macro lenses.

I did get an email back from Intova though. I need to buy an adapter to use the wide angle lens on the SP8 housing. I just realised you have the IC800 and not the SP8. Different cameras and housings.

Same i am waiting a week or two after the IC12 to come's out to see the reviews and what not and test it out my self. I was saving up for a new 32" LCD TV but my Tube TV is fine so i will keep it and use my money towards camera gear.

Ya i did not know you had the SP8 never used it never herd of it but i have the IC800 i love it but they no longer sell it. . . It's a great camera wish the LCD screen was better but hopefully with the new IC12 they will make it more of a HD LCD screen so it looks better!!

I also found some stuff on the IC12 but i do not know if its legit. . .

Here is the link: b

Housing:
- Waterproof to 180 feet, 54 meters
- 720p HD Movies
- Lithium-ion Battery, USB Rechargeable *(Which sounds sweet)*
- Double O-Ring design for added leak protection
- Full function button control
- Removable 46mm lens thread adapter *(same thread adapter as the IC800)*

Camera Specifications:

- Image Sensor: 12 Mega Pixels 1/2.33" CCD
- Color: 24 bit Color (RGB)
- Image size Still image: 12mp(3968 x 2976), 8mp (3264 x 2448), 4mp (2304 x 1728), 2mp (1600 x 1200)
- Movie: VGA(640 x 480), QVGA (320 x 240), HD (720p/30fps)
- Memory: Internal 32MB, External SD/SDHC up to 16GB
- Flash: Auto, On, Off, Red-eye, Slow Sync, Pre-flash
- Connectors: USB/AV out 2-in-1 terminal
- Zoom: Optical 1x~3x, Digital 1x~6x (Preview Mode), 1x~4x scrollable (Playback mode)
- Shutter Speed: Night Mode 2 ~ 1/2000, Normal Mode: 1 ~ 1/2000
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- File format: JPEG (Exif 2.2), DCF, 720p 30fps, Motion JPEG
- Lens F No.: Wide: 3.1 / Tele: 5.9
- Focal length: 6.3mm (W) ~ 18.9mm (T)
- Macro Focus Range: .2m ~ infinity (W) and .6m ~ infinity (T)
- Normal Focus range: .6m ~ infinity (W) and 1m ~ infinity (T)
- LCD Display: 2.36" color TFT-LCD
- Self-timer: 10 sec self-timer, 2 sec self-timer, 10+2 sec self-timer, Off, Self-portrait
- Exposure compensation: -2.0EV ~ +2.0EV (in 1/3 EV increments) & Auto Exposure
- White balance: Auto, Incandescent, Daylight, Flourescent1, Flourescent2, Cloudy, Manual
- Power: Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery (Rechargeable by USB)
- Dimensions: Approximately 95 x 59.7 x 22.6 mm
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch
- Features: Pictbridge, anti-shake, face detection, smile detection, red-eye removal
- Certifications: CE, FCC
- Operating Environment: Windows 7/XP/Vista, MAC OS 10.3.9 or higher

* I just highlighted in bold some things i notice*

1. I notice it now comes with a Lithium-ion Battery the is Rechargeable threw USB which sounds cool but i hope they make a wall adapter not just a USB one.

2. I also noticed its going to have a 46mm lens thread which is the same size as the IC800 so if this stuff is legit it does not require its own special equipment but it can use the IC800 stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom