This physically hurts to watch.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sphyon

Admin
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My favorite part is the samurai sword on the leg of diver two. Bonus points if you can make it through the entire video without screaming at your monitor..I couldn't.

Hope you feel good about yourself now.

edit: Skimming through, I didn't see any damage done on the wreck. anyone?

a good example of doing it easy making it harder.

most of the issues are actually a easy fix, i suspect the instructor involved doesn't know what they don't know.

most of the issues are actually a easy fix, i suspect the instructor involved doesn't know what they don't know.

I agree, and you would be better equipped to tell what the average instructor in this environment is expected to know... But I can't fathom even the trim, equipment config and constant sculling (even from the instructor) throughout the video.

I sincerely want to know, is the stuff in this video considered the norm in many places? I can only judge things by my experience here, but I would have been crucified by any of my instructors for stuff like this. @cerich and @The Chairman included!

At the end. Is the diver struggling to inflate the SMB because he has it upside down?

The struggle appears to be because his hands are full of Mr. Potato Head.

Maybe not to that wreck, but with diving that bad you know they have (or will) damage plenty of reef and wooden wrecks.....

I have seen some classes conducted in a similar way up here in the NE.

The one thing that I did see that I really liked was that when the one diver was assembling Mr Potato Head, the camera caught a few really good shots of his dive computer. Based on its configuration, I am guessing it is a Shearwater. I have heard how easy that they are to see/read. This video shows just how easy it is to read them at depth. I don't dive with one, and I had never seen one at depth before. This showed it very well.

Other than that, I saw a lot that even as a "vacation destination diver" looked wrong. I have been taught to not leave my octo, or my computer (or SPG) or any other gear dangling. These guys were bouncing their tanks off of the wreck repeatedly. I was also taught keep your hands off the dive site. Seems that these guys weren't taught the same philosophy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom