This is the Man to Run Your Dive Shop!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grandbyu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I'm Mark and I am PADI Advanced certified w/Nitrox, CPR/1st Aid, and seeking a management position with a dive shop, in Florida, Caribbean, Hawaii, Australia or wherever it doesn't snow. I currently am living and working as a professor of business and leadership in land locked Utah. But don’t let that fool you, I have served in the Navy for 7 years (visited over 28 countries) and retired from the Air Force (Special Operations) in 2002. I was born in Ft Lauderdale, have experience in the Keys and have dove in Hawaii, California, Mexico and in Europe. Along with my growing diving experience, I bring to the table 30 plus years of mgt experience, a Phd and Masters in Leadership, Management, and Marketing, and a BS in Bus Mgt and Technology, Basically, I am retiring from academics and at 54 am looking for a place where I might use my experience to help run a friendly dive shop and eventually become a dive master and instructor. As Colin Powell once said of my work and me during the First Gulf War, “He’s the man with the plan when you want it the most.”

I would expect fair [but not outrageous] compensation, along with complimentary advancement of my certifications, in order to assist with instruction and operations when needed. Good with people, excellent teacher and a fine sales person...I bring immediate stability and credibility to your operation.

Mark,

I might be able to refer you to someone in Mexico, but first, please tell me your nick means 'grand by you' and not a reference to a certain college...........pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Grand is half of my last name...the BYU is the University I teach at. Its worked over the last 15 years didn't think about changing it now. I guess I could have labeled myself Delta 1 or Devilfish, but those seem a bit over the top.

Best,

Mark G

We don't have snow and are hiring in Okinawa, send full resumes by PM for consideration.

Hi Mark,
I just wanted you to look at the post I just put on under "Special Announcements", looking for someone interested in buying our home with adjoining PADI Dive Center. Would you check it out, and let me know if you're interested? Perhaps we could negotiate getting you certified as an instructor in order to take over the business.
Thanks,
Mike Wynn

Sorry, I missed the part about no snow. Of course, we get snow in Colorado, but very little in the southern, desert part where we are located!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom