This Carnaval: Don't stand on the sidelines! Join the parade!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagicsal

Dedicated Dive Bum
Reaction score
A half-mile norte del Centro, Cozumel, Mx.
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got this from ScubaBoard member and Cruz Roja member ddeborahdelamar... Contact her if you are interested in having big fun being a part of the Carnaval spectacle

I'm in!
The sponsors of a professionally-crafted, family-friendly float invite you to celebrate with them to benefit Cozumel's Red Cross. The theme is "Barbie's World" and they are looking for a lot of Kens, Barbies, and other Guys and Dolls (from the Barbie Doll family, of course) to join them, distribute their gifts to spectators, and enjoy Carnaval as a participant. Dress is easy -- choose a costume from your own closet!

Suggested donation, payable at the Red Cross, for up to three nights parade, team sash*, giveaways and carry bag, drinking water, secure storage for personal items:
Adult - $500 pesos
Child, Without adult - $250 pesos
Child, Accompanied by an adult - Free

Blonde, pink and other-color wigs available at Celebrations, Calle 11 Sur just east of Melgar.

*Sashes will be custom made for each participant.

Barbies Kens.jpgKen Barbie2.jpg

Captain Kirk? No one said I could be Captain Kirk!

That doll must be a knock-off, lol. No Capt. Kirk or Wm. Shatner show up in the Barbie's Friends & Family list. :(
(However on checking further, Mattel did make a Barbie & Ken Star Trek set in '96, and a new series in 2009 with [Chris Pine] Kirk, Spock & Uhura.)

List_of_Barbie's_friends_and_family, Real-world_celebrity_and_movie_character_doll_friends

However, here are some options for you CV .... (I'm voting for MC! :rofl3:)

Elvis Presley (1997-?) The first version came in a gift set called "Barbie Loves Elvis."
Frank Sinatra (1999-?) The first version came in a gift set called "Barbie Loves Frankie Sinatra."
MC Hammer (1992) the rapper, Stanley Burrell. MC had his own line of clothing, which fits Ken.
Donny Osmond (1977) Featured an all-new likeness face sculpt.

And of course if Susanita wants to go as the lovely Scarlett, you can be bad-boy Rhett ....:eyebrow:

Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler (1994) based on the 1939 feature film, Gone with the Wind, played by Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable Hollywood Legends Collection

I was thinking they'd find some green paint for Susanita!

And chief, aren't you a bit tall for Kirk?

Back
Top Bottom