Thinking of the FLX Extreme...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Do people get the CF200 knee pads over the overlays?

When I'm looking at the msrp of the pockets <$152> is that just for one with installation?

Is the only difference between the Signature and Select series custom fit?

Is the P-Valve Reinforcement option an afterthought upgrade or something you get when you get the p-valves installed on a new suit or both?

UTD makes a E/O 90 degree permanent though port for there heating system is that something you will install for me if I purchase a new suit through you?

Since I live within 2 hours of SD can I come into DUI main location and get fitted and look suits over?

/crickets chirping

I'll take a crack at the questions I know the answer to.

I have the cordura overlays on my TLS; I don't have kneepads over those, and don't feel the need to add them. I'm sure DUI can, and do, add kneepads over the cordura overlays but I think it's redundant.

I believe $152 is the price for one pocket with installation. You can buy them separately for cheaper.

It looks like, now, the only difference between the Select and Signature is the custom cut and ability to ask for different overlays or zippers (classic vs quick).

Thanks Jim!

Hi Ulfhedinn,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I sent Faith Ortins an email since I did not have an answer to all your questions. Please stand by...

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

Hi Ulfhedinn,

OK I have some information for you.

On the Knee Pads - Yes but it is more bulky as you have ths stiffness of the cordura overlays and the padding of the CF.

On the pocket - Yes, that price is per pocket. The accessory packages are a great deal. See Drysuit DiveWear and Accessory Packages

You are correct on the difference in suits - Yes, you can add an accessory package to any suit.

On the p-valve - You can add the pvalve reinforcement anytime though it is best to do it before you install the pvalve as it is difficult to remove theold pvalve and then install the reinforcement before reinstalling the pvalve.

On the UTD - We do not install equipment that we do not sell on the suits. Our main concern is not being familiar with the after market add ons from so many different manufacturers.

On coming to San Diego - We are always happy to give interested folks a tour of our factory. However, we do not have product on display nor do we have any place to discuss product etc. I do not know what dealer you are working with but we have many excellent dealers in Southern CA and would be happy to recommend a few who havea good inventory and have experience measuring if you can narrow down your location.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Thanks Kathy!

what dealers in the San Diego Area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom