Thinking of moving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmarc68

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently living in the northeast (Buffalo, NY area), and am growing increasingly tired of the lousy winters, and now lousy summers. I have been looking to relocate to Southern Florida. Any thoughts on good locations to live. Ie., job growth, cost of living, good diving, safety. I am a registered nurse, and I'm sure I wouldn't have problems finding employment given the current state of nursing shortages.

Thanks for any information you can share!
Pam

I recommend Orlando or any city north of WPB. Too crowded down there with the traffic and overpriced real estate!

Fort Myers definitely has LOTS of nursing jobs available. Lots of growth to, so if your interested in a place thats growing, I'll happily sell ya my condo.. I'm moving up the coast some :D

Of the southern USA, draw a line between Georgia and Florida. Next place an X over anything above that line. Now you know where to relocate. And as a nurse you can go anywhere below that line and find good employement and diving. :wink:

South Florida is the way to go. Diving ,diving diving If that is what you really want to do. Broward county is congested but affordable. Nursing jobs all over the place.

Dive safely

Joe

Another south Floridian here. I grew up in Erie, PA, so I know what you are talking about. Here it's hot, humid, lots of tourists, but great diving year round and a very laid back relaxed atmosphere. Good luck!

Scuba_Jenny:
Another south Floridian here. I grew up in Erie, PA, so I know what you are talking about. Here it's hot, humid, lots of tourists, but great diving year round and a very laid back relaxed atmosphere. Good luck!

Jenny,

Thanks for your post. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Where about in South FL are you (if you don't mind me asking). This is a really big step, and there are lots of factors to consider, but I figure now is the time.

Pam

I live in Broward County which is the Ft. Lauderdale area, north of Miami.

I recommend you take me with you!!!

LOL :wink:

(tired of the cold white north myself)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom