Thinking of buying a compressor...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

type 30
model 223
High pressure
Air cooled compressor

Right off of the instructions and parts list.

The type 30 was developed in 1929 and is still used today. They have a range of models from low to high pressure single stage to 4 stage. I have been told that the Canadian Coast Gaurd used to have this model on their ships.

omar

Most of the Bauers have a floating 3rd stage piston which make them noisy as well.

omar

Anybody using high pressure air/nitrox tanks with their home fill station? What size tanks, at what pressure? How large are the tanks?

I would like to build a fill station with high pressure air/preblended nitrox tanks so that I could fill a few sets of doubles and stages on short notice. It seems that most compressors on home fill stations are 3-5cfm. I don't think I would be too happy waiting an hour to fill a set of doubles if all of a sudden a cave dive sounds good. :D

Mike

Originally posted by omar
type 30
model 223
High pressure
Air cooled compressor
Thanks, Omar, that's what I needed to find it.
Rick

1) 30/30 @ 4500
1) 20/40 @ 4500
1) 32% @ 4500
1) air @ 4500
2) air @ 2640

MaxAir doesn't make compressors but is just a (the?) US distributor for Coltri Sub in Italy. There are several other vendors, like DNAX systems (no relation!) in CA that are selling them for a lot less than MaxAir. You do not want a gas motor these things are slow and gas is a pain but it is much cheaper to replace a gas with electric than the other way so buy a gas if you get a good deal.

Watch out for guys on Ebay who are selling comperssors cobbled up out of old military surplus bits - some of these get pretty funny - I saw one the other day that had filters made out of hydraulic accumulators!

My compressor man told me IR had a lot of trouble with their HP compressors and got out of the biz and doesn't make them anymore, so I wouldn't fixate on them, but he's wrong a fair amount of the time and may just not like them.

Do you have a website for DNAX? I found a site, but I'm not sure if it was theirs. All I could find was Nitrox.

Sorry I meant UBS not DNAX. They sell DNAX systems but the name is UBS. Its the California one that has the Coltri deal

www.underseabreathingsystems.com

They don't have much of a webpage but you can contact them through it.

Originally posted by Spray25
Do you have a website for DNAX? I found a site, but I'm not sure if it was theirs. All I could find was Nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom