Thinking about selling my ATX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have read a great deal from past threads discussing bubble interference. I have to say that I disagree with the majority. I am dissatisfied with my Apeks because of the bubbles. Anybody want to trade for a TX perhaps? I want the longer exhaust tee. opinions on why Apeks shortened the exhaust?

Wow, sorry to hear that.........I love mine. Guess if you don't move forward bubbles could be a problem.

ShakaZulu:
Wow, sorry to hear that.........I love mine. Guess if you don't move forward bubbles could be a problem.

I do tend to like to hover and check things out. That is when the problem occurs.

The main reason for reducing the size of the entire second stage is to reduce the weight of the regulator as well as creating a smaller diaphragm for inhalation resistance. You must be tilting pretty close to vetical if you have this problem. I never have it with mine as I am always horizontal.

rescuediver009:
The main reason for reducing the size of the entire second stage is to reduce the weight of the regulator as well as creating a smaller diaphragm for inhalation resistance. You must be tilting pretty close to vetical if you have this problem. I never have it with mine as I am always horizontal.

I read this on a previous thread and being fairly new, accepted it. However over the weekend I spent some time trying it out. I found that the only position in which the bubbles did not intefere was not only horizontal but LOOKING DOWN! If I even tip my head to look forward without forward movement, the bubbles come up in front of my face.

Couldn't verify statement so I pulled it

TheDivingPreacher:
I read this on a previous thread and being fairly new, accepted it. However over the weekend I spent some time trying it out. I found that the only position in which the bubbles did not intefere was not only horizontal but LOOKING DOWN! If I even tip my head to look forward without forward movement, the bubbles come up in front of my face.

Couldn't verify statement so I pulled it
About the missing statement regarding the scubalab test, I believe that they also said that the Apeks lost some points for a 'not very accessible' venturi lever and adjustment knob. As youknow this is a crock, so their results are debatable to me.

Bob3:
Sounds like you could use a double hose. :D
Geez Bob, maybe you should bring one to market (please).

Wonder how much notice Apeks takes of diver feedback - I really don't notice the bubble interference unless I look for it, but a longer tee on the ATX series might be nice.

Scubaroo:
.......but a longer tee on the ATX series might be nice.

Can you retro-fit a TX tee to the ATX? Or from one of the other models in their line?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom