Things the locals do -bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jord1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It's been a while since my last post, mostly lurking from the shadows. I'm on Bali as last location of our trip in indonesia. Now we've all heard about dynamite fishing but today is saw a different kind of terrible.

So we went snorkeling on a glass bottom boat and on the way back we went through very shallow water.
(20-30 cm or 1 foot) Sometimes it would get so shallow that we would scrape across the rocks and through the glass bottom you could just see the dead coral on the side( gee I wonder how that happened). Same goes for the soft coral which the engine just mowed down as we went across, they even mowed down a starfish.

Like I said I knew they didn't really care about the reefs, but I didn't expect this.
Btw the snorkeling was awful since all the reefs were dead.

Pardon any typos and punctuation mistakes.

But.... The girls don't wear tops and they have firm breasts with nipples that point to heaven... What more do I need ...
Jim...

I can imagine how disappointed you were after your trip, I guess you mentioned to them the harm they were causing, there are many operators like this around the world and there's a lot of educating to be done, let us hope they soon realise the error of their ways before it's too late, on the flip side...it's nice to see alot of operators are going out on trips with the tide in mind (plus being careful at the same time helps!) to limit this kind of damage to our marine life.

Most people in this world are so poor and just barely able to feed their families.. They got bigger things to worry about then saving the world... Don't judge till you walked in their old tire sandles..

Jim...

What you say is true Jim and I'm not looking for a full blown discussion, but In which sentence have I judged someone. If I read back all I read is me stating what I saw.

*fixed a typo
*fixed another typo

Last edited:
Was not pointed at "you" .... Just a point that seems to get lost in talking about things like this..

Jim

Back
Top Bottom