Question Thin 7 mm socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim@DiveAdvice

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone has a recommendation for the tinnest 5mm or 7mm socks? Most ones I tried don't allow me to still enter my fins...

Anyone has a recommendation for the tinnest 5mm or 7mm socks? Most ones I tried don't allow me to still enter my fins...

Isn't 7mm commonly known as the thickness? How can it be any thinner?

oh that s a good one so as rule of tumb a 7mm sock is 7mm thick.

Doesn't it depend if the 7mm thickness is metric or imperial???????????????

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

So are we talking socks or boots?

I have a pair of 5mm boots I wear for diving, and I sized my fins to fit these boots. I have not yet needed to get different thickness boots for different diving locations.

I also wear Lycra socks under the boots. They do not add anything to the thickness or sizing of the neoprene, so they do not influence the fit of my fins.

Just wear 1 pair of 1mm socks and then two pairs of 3mm socks on top of those...... Viola!!! 7mm!!!

So all joking aside, I assume you are looking for 5mm or 7mm boots, not socks. And you are finding they have bulky soles that do not fit in your fins?

It may be be hard to find 7mm boots that don't have pretty heavy soles, might have more luck with 5mm. Try doing a search including 5mm and words like "tropical" or "low cut" or "bootie". May turn up thicker neoprene without such fat soles. Hopefully ones where your ankles do not freeze.

Sometimes though, you just need to buy the boots you need then get fins to fit them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom