thight computer or compas????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711 so you are the arbiter of DIR rightfulness!!! I always wondered who was.

MikeFerrara:
I just replace the straps that come on watches and gauges with a nickles worth of bungee.

I agree, it seems like a solution to a non-problem. I initally was interested because I thought it replaced the rubber straps and mounts. But it doesn't

I have been using the Sportcuf and it works great. Not only does it prevent annoying movements or rotation of the instruments (computer/ bottom timer/compasses), but it also prevent the loss of those valuable and crucial instruments, underwater, and at the surface while taking off our pack before getting back in the Zodiac.

I know some divers that have lost previously their instruments in caves and deco dives and they all told me that their level of concentration lowered down considerably after realizing their loss.

As for those replacing the bracelet their bottom timer with double bunggies, I'm one of them. However, it does not always prevent rotation or possible loss, it only minimise it. I would also add that not all divers will want cut off their computer bracelet straps (ie Suunto computer) and replace them with bunggies.

This thread has me thinking; who decides what is DIR?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom