thight computer or compas????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dessaler:
it s DIR approved

Um - without making comment on the device referenced, just how does something go about becoming "DIR Approved?" Is there some sort of magic "board of approval" that I haven't been briefed on yet?

To comment on the device in question - It seems to me that such an item is unnecessary, and therefore, would NOT be DIR approved. DIR divers use a shell drysuit precisely to avoid the crushing affect and inherent changes of bouyancy that neoprene has. I suppose one could wear something like that over a wetsuit, although again - it hardly seems necessary.

not sure about the idea of keeping a instrument from slipping around but would think that it could come in handy to prevent the loss of an instrument. Sew the band of the instrument to the cuff, easy don and easy doff.

If your using a round computer.
I don't think my NiTek will fit in it though.
Seems the self adjusting band I have on both my computers works well.
Fred

dessaler:
halcyon approve this item(DIR)

a) I would argue that I don't care what Halcyon does, that doesn't make it DIR.

b) Before I get runover with people pointing out the whole trademark issue, allow me to simply say "Oh really? Halcyon approved it? (Not that that means anything) Can you show me a source?"

I shouldn't...because I really don't care but...

Halcyon also sells non-DIR gear and they aren't the arm that decides what is and isn't DIR.

Boogie711:
a) I would argue that I don't care what Halcyon does, that doesn't make it DIR.

b) Before I get runover with people pointing out the whole trademark issue, allow me to simply say "Oh really? Halcyon approved it? (Not that that means anything) Can you show me a source?"

Throttle back there Boogs.

He's new. He found a neat thing. He thinks its a good idea and he's sharing his discovery. There's everything right about that!

Who cares if it's DIR or not. And before you run me over pointing out that he said it first.....who cares that he said it first? Surely you can find a way to point these things out without crawling down his throat about it.

R..

Diver0001 - you probably have a valid point. To me, what was a simple matter of fact response can very easily be interpreted as being overly hostile. It's easy to read too much into things, and I'll grant that my comments could be interpreted in such a manner. Much like Bwerb said - I just don't care that much -- about what either Halcyon says or about the product in general. (Now, if the poster had said "This Spare Air product is approved by Halcyon so that makes it DIR" I'd be much more forceful.) :wink:

In hindsight, a more appropriate comment would be "It doesn't matter what Halcyon does," rather than "I don't care what Halcyon...."

Dessaler - thank you for sharing. However, much like Bwerb pointed out - your information about "DIR-ness" is mistaken.

I just replace the straps that come on watches and gauges with a nickles worth of bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom