They want snorkeling, nice beaches, and a bit of surf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
We have some friends coming to visit Bali and they really want to spend some time on the beach. (Sorry this isn't a specifically diving-related post, mods feel free to take it down if it violates something).

They envision a Hawaii type thing with both snorkeling *AND* a little surf to play in. The only place I can think of that delivers that is Amed, and I'm not exactly sure about that, since it's not something we usually look for. Any other suggestions?

Maybe they read too many marketing brochures.

Thanks,

Bill

Surf for surfing or body surfing?
Or just swimming or just swimming in the ocean.
My fave is Gilli Air, for the great beaches, plenty of resorts and restaurants to choose from. There are surf breaks, but they are generally accessed by boat. Same with Lembongan, surf breaks are accessed by boat.

My fave is Gilli Air, for the great beaches, plenty of resorts and restaurants to choose from. There are surf breaks, but they are generally accessed by boat. Same with Lembongan, surf breaks are accessed by boat.

Gili Air is a great suggestion, DirtFarmer!

- Bill

Ah, we certainly if you plan to surf something in Bali you either want to be on the south coast around Gianyar, Cucukan or Komune beach, Sanur or Kuta. So for surfing these are the options.

If you want to combine surfing in whatever form with some snorkelling and stuff, I can't seem to think of any option in Bali but surely you can have some fun surfing in the morning and then go for some snorkelling in Blue Lagoon, Padang Bai.

This way, if you have your own surf boards you can jump on them and for the snorkelling you can just rent something from the freelancers in Padang Bai... this way you avoid the dive centers and you kind of do everything by yourselves :)

With respect and appreciation,
Julian

Surf for playing in. Not for surfing, or probably either for body surfing.

- Bill

follow dirtfarmers advice for sure. I’d avoid Kuta or Sanur if possible. Other possibility is G. Meno, even more quiet than G. Air

Gili Air is a great suggestion, DirtFarmer!

- Bill
Gili T is also a brilliant place, Turtle Point, just off T is brilliant for snorkelling. Amazing beaches and a bit of surf at both ends of the island. You could do a trip around all 3 of the Gili Islands. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom