They say things come in 3's. Here is #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is a woman who was born in 1908 in the Boston area after her parents immigrated from Italy and Portugal just a few months earlier. 19 years later, in 1927 she gave birth to one of her two daughters. That first daughter, at the age of 19 gave birth to a son in 1947.

That son would be one of those kids that got into everything and had to take everything apart to see what made it tick. Several of those projects nearly took the boys life. Projects that led to a house fire, blowing up the bathroom, lifting the roof off of the garage and lots of others. But rather than scold him the two women would encourage him to press on and keep going to learn more about what makes the world tick.

After the last big accident the boy calmed down some when he nearly lost a leg to a home made rocket at the ripe old age of 14. But with the encouragement of the two women that short scrawny runt of a kid overcame a lot of problems and eventually made it into the Navy to become a Navy Diver.

That woman born in 1908 was only 4’7” tall but stood very tall in all the lives she touched.

I was on duty today when a call came over the radio dispatching deputies to the unattended death of a 100 year old female. Then dispatch put out the address and I knew then my grandmother had passed on.

She was still somewhat healthy so it wasn’t totally expected. But like my grandfather put it, How long do expect to hang around after a hundred? Yup, he’s still doing well. None of us, especially me never thought we would out live her.

Going to miss you Grand Ma.

Gary D.

Sorry for your loss, Gary. My grandmother, who was born in Portugal, passed away 2.5 years ago. I still miss her.

But with the encouragement of the two women ...
I'm sorry for you loss, Gary. Sounds like we are all blessed by the encouragement she gave you. I think of all the service you have done for our community, knowing that the selfless character you possess was inherited from, and influenced by those who raised you, and I find myself grateful for the grandmother who encouraged you.

In every one of the thousands of people you have served over the years is a touch of your grandmother. May she rejoice with God.

oh, gary, i'm sorry. she sounds like a great lady.

Gary:

I am truly sorry for your loss. I am certain that your grandmother was always very proud of your accomplishments. May God bless her soul.

Dan

Gary, I am very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful lady. Someone I would have loved to have met and talked to for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom