Thermalution battery wire degraded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacroFan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

Unfortunately my Thermalution batteries' wires have broken as pictured. Is there any way of repairing (or have someone repair) the rubber covering for the wire? I'm a little nervous about having potentially exposed electric wiring under water!

Attachments

• 20230708_170455[1].jpg
    20230708_170455[1].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
Hi all,

Unfortunately my Thermalution batteries' wires have broken as pictured. Is there any way of repairing (or have someone repair) the rubber covering for the wire? I'm a little nervous about having potentially exposed electric wiring under water!
Assuming the wires are still intact and functional, this can probably be repaired. Given that you really - really need it to be waterproof for safety reasons I would be reluctant to continue using it.

Look into UV bonded epoxy, which is probably the good way to repair this. Use multiple layers of epoxy until the wire is well coated with at least a centimeter of material to either side of the break.

1688838399408.png

Light plastidip then adhesive lined shrink wrap

Thank you both. I think given my nervousness I will just have to get the new batteries... :(
I thought new batteries were no longer available.

Use liquid electrical tape....that should work fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom