Theme 16-30 Sept 06: Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers Fairybasslet I don't like it so much as it's grainy and all (had to push manual w/b to it's limit as I was in some 20-25 metres deep). That guy let me approach and get close enough for a head shot. Still I'm getting green in envy as I look all the other shark shots not least by your great whaleshark shot! Was that on richeliou? I'd die happy if I'd ever see one..

I don't have any stills, but here's a short video clip.
Rick

Horned Sharks in Ironman Cove (San Clemente Island, I believe) in the Channel Islands. These guys were about 12" of ferocity. (After all, sharks are advertised as "Eating Machines", right?):D

cb689db4.jpg

edadf9eb.jpg

This guy was trying to swim with his tail stuck in the little bed of kelp behind him.
d7b4a7f3.jpg

98cd13f6.jpg

kapula:
Cheers Fairybasslet I don't like it so much as it's grainy and all (had to push manual w/b to it's limit as I was in some 20-25 metres deep). That guy let me approach and get close enough for a head shot. Still I'm getting green in envy as I look all the other shark shots not least by your great whaleshark shot! Was that on richeliou? I'd die happy if I'd ever see one..
Thanks. Seeing that whaleshark was indeed the thrill of a lifetime. It was my first one ever. It was only 12 feet long and I hope to see bigger ones in the Galapagos one day. It wasn't at Richeliou, that I know for sure. I'd have to check my log book at home to see for sure where it was. The very next dive we saw a manta! That was my first one too and it was awesome. Then just as we were about to get into the panga, the dive master saw a baby whale shark, only about 3 feet long. I had already shut down my camera and didn't get a shot of it, but it was so cute.

Kapula,
Saw the whaleshark at Koh Tachai Pinacle. The second one, the 3 ft baby was at Koh Bon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom