Theme 02 - 16 July 2009: Cephalopods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1186966044_octo-and-diver.jpg

1211723291_mimic-1-copy.jpg

1213922807_Squid-Mating-copy.jpg

121501Cove2.jpg

OlivetheSecond-1.jpg

CIMG3463.jpg

CIMG3871.jpg

CIMG9847.jpg

Pepper-1.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for Cephalopod photography. I've seen plenty but they either scurry off fast into a crack or flee out of sight. Other times I don't have my camera. For a while there it seemed every time I didn't bring my camera on a dive, I saw something unique and special, which made me regret not bringing in. Since then, If I don't bring my main G10 system, I bring my old Olympus C-530zoom. Last week I did a free dive session with my younger brother at the 120 Marineland reef on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and there were octopus everywhere. Here are some samples of what I saw. There not that great of quality, but its the best I could do with an Old 3mp P&S while free diving.
OCTO7.jpg

OCTO6.jpg

OCTO2.jpg

OCTO5.jpg

OCTO1.jpg

Great work all!!! VERY NICE INDEED!
Here's my attempt to contribute, 2 shots of an octopus in his garden at Yucab reef, Cozumel

YucabOcto1-c1.jpg

YucabOcto2-c.jpg

lovely photos, i would just love the wind to stop so i can go diving:-( i think me gills are healing up:-(

Not award winning by any means... but I love the purple color!
PurplePus-1.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom