Theme 01 -15 May: April showers bring May Flowers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

April flowers

Thanks for the support Alcina.

I agree it is the photographer and not the camera as well. But I think for me to be able to progress quicker I need a camera with some manual controls. Right now, all I have is a Minolta Dimage XG point n shoot with no manual settings or accesories at all. All I do is set white balance to cloudy and take the best pics I can. I do want to buy a strobe, wide-angle lens, etc... but first I want a decent camera that I can adjust levels manually on first. Thats the problem too, I want a small good camera with plenty manual controls & accesories, suggestions always welcome. (Canons SD series look good but even more controls would be nicer still, havent checked out S80 (looks a little bigger from the pictures but ive yet to hold one in my hands) but I just saw a post on this board that someone took some pics with the S80 and they look real good, I might visit a store soon to play around with one and see).

Anyways here are some X-mas tree worms, falmingo toungue (not flower but still nice)and some caribbean anemone that I took in the underwater gardens of the walls of French Cay in T&C.

Pretty nice, starlan!

Agree, manual controls will allow you much more control, but you're doing a good job with what you have. Every camera will have disadvantages and quirks, so knowing how to get the most from you system really improves your photography down the line.

I think the Canon S series or A series are great :)

Strawberries are blooming in Monterey Bay
But Keep the snails out of your garden

DSC_0207-1.JPG

hey why did my picture disappear? and why are you laying on that cabbage coral? :D

from Monterey:

P2110602.jpg

catherine96821:
hey why did my picture disappear? and why are you laying on that cabbage coral? :D
a) It wasn't me
2) That's not cabbage coral, and
iii) I am hovering inches above it to demonstrate that "It's a whopper"

Back
Top Bottom