Theft test...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I'm just done packing to leave for Bonaire on Tuesday morning and came across an old 35mm underwater camera... One of those that are good to 30' and has a built in flash... I will be leaving this on the tailgate of the truck, Like I just forgot to take it... I really want to see if it goes missing, and at what site if it does... I'm thinking it will be sitting in the same spot or stuck up front by the tanks so it's not seen... This is just my feelings... I maybe wrong and it's stolen before I get in the water... I will keep you all posted...

Oh... If you are in bonaire over the next two weeks and see the camera, Don't do anything to screw with this test... If you would hide it from view, Do it... If you'd steal it, Please do... And if you'd do nothing, But say " What a A$$ " please do that... :D

Jim....

Interesting experiment.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

It probably wont last ten minutes , there may be a fight amongst the thieves as to who has first dibs

Just curious... what exactly are you "testing" for? Are you trying to discover whether thieves can tell the difference between an obsolete piece-of-crap camera and one that's actually worth cash or trade for drugs etc.?

Just because it does goes missing from your truck doesn't mean it isn't tossed into the brush down the road. This already happens with clothes, bags, and other items that might be valuable or contain valuables.

Just because it doesn't go missing from your truck doesn't "prove" anything one way or the other.

Please don't feed the trolls or the thieves. <Sigh.>

Please don't feed the trolls or the thieves. <Sigh.>

this.JPG

Sounds like you've got a lot of time on tour hands. I'm on island now and I'm busy diving. YMMV :)

Don't see that this will take anytime out of our diving.

J..

Could be a fellow diver who forgot their camera. My limited experience with third world theives in places like Paris is that they know what stuff is worth and what they can get for it. (Yes, Paris is the only place I have had attempted robbery twice. One successful and one not)

It would more fun to rig the camera with an exploding dye pack.

It will be stolen. Why not just give it to some little kid that might get some use out of it?

Back
Top Bottom