• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The "Washing Machine"

Discussion in 'Dive-O-Rama' started by dlndavid, Mar 20, 2006.

1. dlndavid

dlndavid 私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるだScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I had a chance to dive the famous "Washing Machine" advanced dive site off Verde Island near Puerto Galera, PI. They said the conditions were at the worst level they will let you dive it, and believe me, it was a ride. A dozen or so divers did the dive, and everybody popped up in their own location, depending what current they got into, and or timing of holding in the current and letting go. My current took me to 100 ft before I could gain control and ascend. We followed the one minute separation rule and surfaced, but it was a good thing, I had already blown by the reef and was in the deep blue anyway. Everybody experienced something different, but were all equally excited about the E-Ticket ride. Dive profile attached.

2. Cacia

Cacia Divemaster

hope Dennis is alive?!....(you too, of course)

3. Jim Ernst

Jim Ernst Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    ooohhh david, i see you enjoyed the infamos washing machine, wooo hooo what a ride!!

4. dlndavid

Dennis is alive and doing well in the PI's Catherine, he was my dive buddy, so I got good at solo diving. :D Darn photographers.
    So Jim, you did the washing machine too?

5. Jim Ernst

Jim Ernst Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    no david, i really think it is more correctly put, the washing machine did me, LMAO!!!:D

6. Cacia

Cacia Divemaster

well, please get his buddy skills dialed in for me for Bali. Hurry back you boys, been gone long enough.....Oh, and tell your good body the "Dirfed and no longer can buddy with me" rumor is not that amusing.....and that the phenomena of nature you just experienced is nothing compared to my wrath.

7. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Ahhh Washing Machine, it is the biggest "come on" in verde island...and yes you dive it when it is at its best (read: worst condition; strong current, or simply mayhem). You'd think there are other divers below you but what you're seeing are your bubbles, hehehe a supercharged dive indeed. Glad you enjoyed it David. Go try Fishbowl, or better yet cross the channel and dive in Mainit Point!.

8. dlndavid

I could hardly see, with all my bubbles swirling around me, didn't know which way was up. :D

9. clgsamson

clgsamson Koya Kap

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    as my instructor said.."trust your gauge". But thats easier said than done when you're in the vortex during the "rinse cycle" of the washing machine. A little air in the bc would help too. It is a real thrill to dive that place..

10. jonix

jonix Photographer

:laughing:

i haven't done the washing machine myself. hoping to do it this year though. :D