The Universal Manifold by Technodivers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I would like to increase my down time and am considering purchasing the Universal Manifold offered by Technodivers located in Tempe, AZ.
If anyone has information about the quality and functionality of this approach to using dual tanks,I would appreciate hearing back.
Thanks.

Hello Mike, As far as the type of manifold you are requesting info on I could find no testing or support data to give you a recommendation but there is a manifold system out there and I can help you with, its by HELIOS a company in the U.K. The part numbers are as follows:
210 101 701 for the 2 gas input dive gas manifold
210 101 703 for the 3 gas input dive gas manifold

Send me you fax # or e-mail address and I can forward the paperwork to you for review as well as give you the points of contacts to get the additional info you require.

I have researched these items and find they contain all the right internal materials (softwoods, o-rings, Seats) that are o2 compatible. I can go more in-depth on the intricacies of the valve but first need to know if it fits you needs.

I went on to the Technodiver site. What a really scary piece of crap. Are you that much of a hoover that you need to double up 80's and to a single reg at that ? What are your intended dives ? Don't forget your air integrated nitrox computer to aid in deco. :)

Ron

I have found that the best way to increase my bottom time (ie reduce air consumption) is to exercise and dive.

Get out and work out. Dive, dive, dive.

Forget the universal manifold, it is a very poor alternative to the real thing. (in my opinion a POS) You can get a sea elite isolator manifold for $180, and an AL80 delivered to your door for $140. For about $525 (with bands) you will have a set of doubles that will be the best choice.

omar

I do not like the universal manifold. It isn't robust enough for overhead environments like caves or wrecks, and since it's therefore restricted to open water, why bother? If you need the extra gas just carry another tank, either rigged as independent doubles or clipped up front. I see no advantage over the independent rig to the universal manifold. And if you need "real" doubles then get the real thing, as Omar suggests.
Rick

Yup , just like I said .POS. Either get the real thing (proper iso manifoled such as the Sea Elete )or just don't do it.I can personally bend the hell out of myself on a single 80. In fact when running an Adanced Course I use only 2 80's to my students 5 tanks.
Get out and get fit ! Get out and DIVE ! Have an instructor perform a sac rate analsis on you and see just how much gas you are using.

Ron

The Sea Elite, Dive Rite, Halcyon, and Scuba Pro are basically the same valve are definately the way to go. Forget about the Universal Manifold and OMS valve. I agree with Omar -- get the Sea Elite, save some moola and still have a great piece of equipment.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom