The 'snowball' effect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THE Hammerhead:
I'm still here btw, and will be diving that exact same dive next Friday! :D

2 years late, but I can still answer. No typo at all, we were worried about nitrogen - I know, I know, we were on Nitrox, but we'd been so deep that we really weren't sure what to do.

Basically we communicated by sign language that we'd stay at 5m until both tanks were almost completely dead, and use the last couple of breaths to make the surface, hence we both had empty tanks when we got there, miles away from where we were supposed to be.

Still sends a shiver down my spine...could have gone much further wrong so easily.

That's some absolute craziness, no doubt about it! Any word from the aforementioned dive buddy?

Also, I'm curious as to how you finally got the boats attention. Did they find you by chance, or did the sausage actually serve it's purpose?

Nope, the dive buddy no longer dives at all. Sad really.

And yes, the sausage did it's work - spotted from along way off in truly atrocious conditions, I will not dive without it now.

I can't be certain of the distance we were from the pick up point, but about 1km would not be an exaggeration.

THE Hammerhead:
Nope, the dive buddy no longer dives at all. Sad really.

And yes, the sausage did it's work - spotted from along way off in truly atrocious conditions, I will not dive without it now.

I can't be certain of the distance we were from the pick up point, but about 1km would not be an exaggeration.

Was that his last dive? I wouldn't blame him if he quit... and also bravo to you for regrouping and getting back on the horse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom