The Skinny on wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amy, I have a 7mm Body Glove X2 wet suit (for diving, not surfing!) that fits me well. I am 5'2" and wear the 11/12. I am very large busted and Body Glove was the only retail brand that fit me well. You can rent them from Spot Chalet if they are in your area, or buy. It's worth a try. I have seen larger gals than myself wearing them as well.

I second that thought, I love my Henderson hyperstretch suits. They are very forgiving and very comfortable. I too have a friend who had some trouble fitting into both women's and men's suits and the Henderson Hyperstretch fit her nicely.

in my experience i have found that most women divers...including myself are not "sticks". i can totally identify with the struggle of wearing mens suits that are way to long and ill-fitting but are the only size that zippers up without busting. All props to Hyperstrech but i have a HArveys Dri-flex which also has 4-way stretch but is much cheaper than Henderson. Also..don't be ashamed of buying from the internet...i certainly am not. Free market and all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom