The simplest, cheapest way to dive or perhaps to die.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$49.99 for a tank and compressor that would perfect for a suit inflation system.

Shame it is a scam

Yep.. there's no actual product involved here if they're only asking for $50. I agree with you guys, just a scam to collect credit card numbers. It might not even be the seagow scammers running this one, just someone that stole their images. Serves them right, really.

Someone should report it to the FTC or something.

Unless maybe these guys got ahold of a bunch of seagow rigs that "fell off the back of a truck." These guys might merely be selling stolen crappy goods.

A scam??? Oh dear. And I was so hoping to get a compressor that I could fill my pony from for $29.99.

A scam??? Oh dear. And I was so hoping to get a compressor that I could fill my pony from for $29.99.

Dang it, and here I thought I found a reasonably priced compressor to fill my HP doubles! The ad even says it will fill any tank. :shakehead:

8D75C472-86D2-4FB3-8378-109DC6CD7E5B.jpeg

4500 psi in a little cheap Chinese cylinder strapped to your chest. What could possibly go wrong?

Attachments

• 8890156F-D082-42B5-929C-9D38A678DF1A.jpeg
    8890156F-D082-42B5-929C-9D38A678DF1A.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 15
here I thought I found a reasonably priced compressor to fill my HP doubles! The ad even says it will fill any tank. :shakehead:
It probably will. Question is, in how many days?

Over here on the right (hand) site of the pond, 300 bar (4350 psi for you metrically-challenged folks) tanks aren't unheard of. They're not particularly popular among the tech crowd, as they make PP blending calculations a PITA, but for us rec folks they can be quite nice. Lower water volume makes for lower weighting requirements, which can be a good thing if you normally carry some 10+ kg (20+ lbs) of weight.

It probably will. Question is, in how many days?

Over here on the right (hand) site of the pond, 300 bar (4350 psi for you metrically-challenged folks) tanks aren't unheard of. They're not particularly popular among the tech crowd, as they make PP blending calculations a PITA, but for us rec folks they can be quite nice. Lower water volume makes for lower weighting requirements, which can be a good thing if you normally carry some 10+ kg (20+ lbs) of weight.
The site claims they can fill the 3000 psi (200 bar) tank in 3 minutes. They never indicate the volume of the tanks they're talking about. They do say it will fill 4500 psi tanks (300 bar) but don't give a time.

I think it's irrelevant. I don't think these guys are selling a product at all. I think they're just tricking people into providing credit card numbers.

I don't think these guys are selling a product at all. I think they're just tricking people into providing credit card numbers.
You don't say... :wink:

I filled my tank by blowing in it once

Back
Top Bottom