The Similans from a different perspective...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is all so fascinating! Did you shoot these vids as a promotional gig for Peter Pan? I absolutely love them. Kudos to you!

Thank you. :)
No, I shot them for fun, it's a nice way to spent the time between dives. However the photographer on the boat asked me to use a few clips on the video he put together.

I'm just getting really started with this, it's been about 7 months since I began flying around with a GoPro and I'm planning to upgrade to a better camera soon.

Here's another video, shot at Phi Phi last New Year.

[video=vimeo;34828007]http://vimeo.com/34828007[/video]

Indeed. I'm enthralled. So nice to see dive sites I've been diving for years from that great perspective. Can't get enough of 'em.

I hope you'll continue posting videos like this.

Thank you. :)
No, I shot them for fun, it's a nice way to spent the time between dives. However the photographer on the boat asked me to use a few clips on the video he put together.
One of my sons is a professional photographer, and he gives me all sorts of grief if I let anyone use an image of mine for commercial purposes without some sort of payment. (Apparently when the whole world is willing to simply give away images, pros no longer have a market in which to sell images.) So I hope at least the on-board vid guy GAVE you a copy of the DVD at no charge in payment for your contribution to the product he was doubtlessly selling to the passengers!

great videos - congrats
am going to similans next month
but can't decide on which boat
options: peter pan, pawara
anyone could share with me his/her good/bad/average experiences? anyone knows these boats?

Are tricopters typically all home constructed? What's the range that could be achieved while controlling them?

Are tricopters typically all home constructed? What's the range that could be achieved while controlling them?

You can buy them complete, although it can get a bit pricey. Some multicopters are in the brand-new car price range; but that's because all the bells and whistles. A simple one should be around 200 U$$ dollars or so (minus radio, video gear, batteries, etc)
The range I get with my current setup is about 500 meters, I should be getting triple that but there's some issue I haven't been able to solve. Now I've ordered a new long range radio control link that should be good to at least 10Km, although I'm not planning on flying that far.

^Keep on posting. I just got back from an Andaman trip. The dive site insight provided by your overhead videos was very worthwhile.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom