The sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, I know that I am going to get flamed for this by somebody, but I found this earlier today and thought that it ran true...

"The sea is like one of them highborn Spanish ladies: ye can love her, but ye can't trust her. One minute she's as placid as a sea-cow and yer sailin' along as easy as kiss-my-hand, everybody leanin' on the rail and spittin' to leeward; the next she throws a hurricane at ye, and yer runnin' as if all the hounds of hell was on your tail, swearin' that if ye gets out of this alive ye'll never set foot on a boat again.

But ye always do go back to her, see? Because, despite her bein' an untrustworthy, ungrateful, murderous wench and all, ye bloddy well do love her, more than life itself.

Argh. And that's all the bloody peotry ye'll be gettin' out of me today."

Are yee green at sea as well as the fairer kind? Keep yer compass pointin' north, and yer blondes amber, my friend.
Arrrrgh...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom