The Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terri2chris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
American Airlines is offering a 200.00 discount if you book your hotel and flight through them, I can get flights and 6 nights at The Sabor AI for 1488.00,,,Has anyone stayed there ? I know its beach front but is there any diving we could do from there?Do they have a dive shop on site. Hows the food there?

Any info would be great!

Terri

The Sabor is the low end of the 3 places there. The others are Sabor Exclusive and Aura. I've only stayed at the Exclusive side which I enjoyed but the cost went up so now just rent a condo next door. Back to your questions: 1. Yes there is an onsite dive shop. There is also a pier that other dive shops will pick you up at. 2. Yes on the beach and you can walk for miles if you go south. 3. Not good for shore diving. 4. The food on the Sabor section was okay when we were there.

Is the $1488 per person or for 2?

Cobra, Thanks
Price is for 2,
Coupon code at american airlines. fallsale
I was wrong its 1545.00

Is the $1488 per person or for 2?[/QUOTE]

Depending on airfare sounds like a good deal. Don't buy the airport transfers ahead of time. Cheaper buying at the airport once arrive. If you go to town which I highly recommend the taxi fare will be about $20 USD one way for 2. We really enjoyed our dinner at Robertos. Think they give you tickets for one meal there during your stay - reservations required. We tip really well and was told just come back anytime and we would be seated. La Isla didn't open until 7 am but they would ut out coffee at 6 am, if you like to watch the sun come up. We had to bring our own cups from the room. It's been 2 years since there so think this info is correct. Bring some underwater lights and you can nite snorkle right off shore.

i am booked for my 4th stay at the sabor 10/31-11/7..(1) be sure to upgrade to the sabor exclusive section,(sabor islander 500 sq. ft. room ) this a adults only area , it cost me $150 extra for 7 nits /2 people,i promise you it is worth every penny..

i booked with orbitz, using promo code ( travel100 ) this code will reduce price by $100 on a 7 nite stay 2 people
my cost was $1,526, including room upgrade, with air out of Austin on United..

dive palancar is the onsite dive operator, sand dollar sports is also located at the north end of the resort, just a few feet off of property, you can walk there in a few minutes depending on where you are staying at the resort, it is large..

there is also a fourth section of the resort that corba269 did not mention, rengency club, it is on the north end, next to sand dollar sports..
i have dove with both dive operators and have no complaints with either...

Ditto to what has been said here.

In May/June of this year, Sand Dollar was gone. Dive Palancar was setting up in the old Sand Dollar offices and Sand Dollar was no longer setup near the pier.

If you stay at Sabor in rooms at the north end the concrete pier at the north end can be used.

We have noticed that Sabor is getting busier and they have been having more "shows" on the beach - fire shows, dinners, etc

Sounds like a good price.

In May/June of this year, Sand Dollar was gone. Dive Palancar was setting up in the old Sand Dollar offices and Sand Dollar was no longer setup near the pier.

this is news to me, i have not been there since last N0V....
did you hear this, or did you SEE it ????

I was staying at the Residencias next to the Aura in May of this year. Yes Sand Dollar is gone and Dive Palancar took their place at least at the small shop at the base of the wooden pier infront of the Aura. At that time they were not collecting a daily 3USN usage fee for the pier that Sand Dollar collected if using a different dive op.

For clarity the way is was, I believe, SandDollar owned and operated from the northern concrete pier next to the Wyndham after losing the concession. Palancar took over at the Wyndham and their wooden pier on the southern part of the resort, I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom