the right length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double80s:
7' and 5' are the common hose sizes for divers ...
Oh, that it was so...

My primary hoses are about 5ft 6 inches long. I had heard complaints that the 5ft hose could be a little short so went a bit longer and it works well. Routing is under right arm, across chest, behind the neck, and into mouth. If I spit it out, hose reaches down to my lower ribs. Bungeed backups are on 22 inch hoses which are just a bit short (tight) if I look hard left. Next one I will try on a 24 inch hose.

mccaigk1:
thanks for the help everyone! going to order my hoses in a few days !

Remember the main issue is streamlining. Attach the regulator put it in your mouth and look in the mirror. If you see a loop of extra hose sticking out at the side it is too long. The 5' to 7' hose surprisingly represents less of a streamling issue than shorter hoses because of the way it is routed around your body. If you can order from a company you can do exchanges with. Since the length you need depends on your body size. Some trial and error is to be expected.

Regards,

A.

Back
Top Bottom