the Ranger is great

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Sharks

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure this won't be a popular post, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on the Ranger. I've read a lot of people slamming the Ranger in this board and it just doesn't make much sense to me why. The Ranger is all I want and need, I'm strictly a recreational diver, dive singles in cold and warm water. The back inflation is great because I have enough bulk on my sides already without having a jacket style BC.
I definately see the advantages of having the backplate and wings setup, my instructor in OW and AOW used them and praised them to no end when I asked for an equipment recommendation. However, I like gadgets with all the "bells and whistles", so the BP/wings were simply too simple for me.
To each their own, happy diving to all.

Go Sharks (GO FOR THE CUP BABY)

Great! What you feel comfortable in is one of the most important aspects of diving!

Personally, I woulda gone with a ranger had it not been so expensive.

Mark

Not to slam the Ranger any more.. I think it's really a great BC.

The reason people slam it isn't because it sucks. It's because they think they're buying a top of the line tech BC that can be taken and used anywhere.. apparently, the fact is that it's not. The people slamming the Ranger are typically the ones who realized they needed something else when they went further with their career, and sold the Ranger for a BP/wings setup (see the poll).

All of these ideas are shamelessly stolen from other posts I've read.. :wink:

Enjoy your new BC, the Ranger is really great.

Back
Top Bottom