The pursuit of perfection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HaHaHa,ok no such thing, as I cycle through different things for diving, sometimes you hit a point of “no need to look further” Seaskin dry suits come close at least as far as trilam goes, the neoprene is great but how about a front zip???

when it comes to regulators, I’m circling back a few years to the Zeagle F8
64A18326-A2FA-46CC-B343-0BE986FA776A.jpeg
51B60920-4926-4826-BB0E-8E394F92471C.jpeg

i got a pretty good deal on a new one and then found this on the bay, Ebay that is, claimed to have only 50 FW dives on it and my offer was accepted.

I checked function and it all looked good, well tuned and steady IP, I decided I would just dive as is with the new one as back up. So yesterday starts the “can you buy used and after a few checks just go for it” test, diving in the local version of “yokeland” until next week when I hope to have my DIN parts.
I will change this on to DIN asap and back to yoke for the trip to Curaçao at the end of next month. I know from previous experience with the F8 that it should go a long time before it needs any work.

I did switch hoses. Two dives into the test, they dove as expected, super reliable and easy breathers.

For the new one, did you check the cracking pressure for the primary and Oct (with knob all the way out)? Is the cracking pressure set the same or different from the factory for the primary and Oct?

In other words, is there any difference in performance between the primary and Oct from factory at all?

For the new one, did you check the cracking pressure for the primary and Oct (with knob all the way out)? Is the cracking pressure set the same or different from the factory for the primary and Oct?

In other words, is there any difference in performance between the primary and Oct from factory at all?
I did shop check, it’s well tuned, came with the hand adjuster all the way out, checked the micro and it took was all the way out, haven‘t used it in the water yet.

The lack of a fifth port is a deal breaker for me.

They have 5 lp ports
Not one on the bottom. I had a pair of the F6s at one time and got rid of them for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom