The price isn't a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KHedahl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few drinks in and I feel like vocalizing in a short, drawn out story:

I just bought my first pair of Force Fins (originals.) I'm a new diver and in my limited snorkeling and diving experience have had to deal with constant instep cramps. About two years ago I spent some time googling foot cramps and fins and everything led me to one answer, Force Fins (I'd heard the name before, but more on that later). I've been stocking away that knowledge until now

I haven't dove since my ow c-dives 6 years ago. My wife and I are coming up on a long-time planned trip down to Akumal and being such a wonderful partner, she gave me a refresher course for Christmas! We both work for non-profits (Red Cross and a local bike advocacy group) and money is always tight so I kept my eyes open. It paid off and I just picked up a pair of originals on Craigslist for $85.00 in my size! I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but I can't stop thinking about them. Trying them on, I could immediately tell that they won't hit the pressure points that have always caused me trouble.

First, Bob, thank you for making fins that (I'll update this if I experience anything different) don't cause my feet to cramp within a few minutes of diving. Second, thank you for supporting our military (ex-Ranger who first heard about them from a Seal in Afghanistan.) Second, while you haven't seen any money come from my pocket to yours, it will start happening shortly; I talk a lot about products I like and always upgrade as soon I can. While the originals fit my price profile, I'm sure a different pair will fit my performance profile, so I'm going to start saving after this trip.

So Bob, since I'm a California wine snob, I raise my glass to you.

You may find that the FF Originals you have will be all the fin you ever need.

If you have real strong legs and a desire to go extra fast or need precise positioning for photo/video work where you need to Frog Kick or Back Kick (I know that some have learned to Frog Kick with them, I personally have a hard time with this kick), then you might want to consider fins made from the Tan Delta Material or a different design, otherwise the Originals will serve you well.

You will find that they work better on surface swims if you lay on your back.

Good luck with your diving - enjoy your Force Fins - and Dive Safely

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom