The PPD Do A History Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks jigo. Is that where they have been having some unrest? I heard something about that area being like the Wild west...

Thanks jigo. Is that where they have been having some unrest? I heard something about that area being like the Wild west...

rebels are in nearby compostela valley. in mt. diwalwal, i guess it has the usual rowdy bunch of miners and armed traders. some miners are supposed to be supported by the military and some by the reds but most of them just look for their gold peacefully. not too restive, i guess, since some holiwood star was there to shoot a movie and actually stayed in the gold mining area for days.

tagum is about two hours from davao city. its the center of small scale gold mining in the country. gold from mt. diwalwal is sold in tagum. its also near the hotbed called compostela valley.
just 1 hour away...

@dennis: i was doing a hosting gig for the nestea beach volley circuit... we'll be in boracay April 23-27 if anyone's interested to watch

Jag

rebels are in nearby compostela valley. in mt. diwalwal, i guess it has the usual rowdy bunch of miners and armed traders. some miners are supposed to be supported by the military and some by the reds but most of them just look for their gold peacefully. not too restive, i guess, since some holiwood star was there to shoot a movie and actually stayed in the gold mining area for days.

Might be an interesting place to visit. Thanks jigo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom