The power of forums, internet & suicide of a dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is truly sad...Googling yielded this background from his widow (among other things):

Yahoo! Groups

One of his videos YouTube - Sunderland T9044 Pembroke Dock

Condolences to family and friends.
There's always three sides to a story but, provided this is relatively accurate, I hope that the guy who has been linked to the death is in for a tough time now as I would certainly hope the authorities would investigate the case with a serious concern for foul play in his part. But then, the skeptic in me comes up and says he'll get off as these people with loads of money almost always seem to do. :shakehead:

I've run across some utterly despicable people in my personal life, especially in the past two years it seems for some reason or another, and I can only hope that this poor widow can find a place of peace and rest for her soul in all this, regardless of what happens to the guy who's allegedly involved in this. All I can say is that this kind of behavior is despicable and seems to portray a man that is downright rotten to the core. :shakehead:

WOW . . . my condolences to the family . . .

drbill,

Indeed glad you souhgt help,Lost a very good friend on this a few years ago.
He aswell went for proffesional help but alas it did NOT work out.He found his place in the longest dive he could ever make.The depresed people can some times be helped and sometimes they can't.
Just happy that I can vent my problem again.
Please don't forget that those who are left behind,have permanent problems.
I'm not even sure how I want to vent my feelings on this.It's been 5 years now and I still don't believe or understand it.
Just had to vent this again.

The vast majority of the people can carry on very normal lives as long as they continue to see the shrink and continue the medication. Problem is that not all shrinks are created equal. I am indeed fortunate to have a very good one. The problem is many times that people do not know what is wrong with them.

I've had bipolar 2 episodes since I was in my early teens. I always knew something was wrong, but didn't know what it was. About five years ago, in a high pressure job and environment, I had a full blown meltdown. Up to this point, I had been going to the doctors for years trying to find out why I was so tired all the time and couldn't concentrate.

However, I bounced back as did Dr Bill and currently take medication and see the shrink every two months. I can tell you though, that it took over two years to get the right combination of drugs to get me sorted out.

300Bar, I know it is difficult for you and honestly, unless you have been through it, you have no idea how your thoughts haunt you and can control your life. There is nothing you could have done differently. You were a good friend to him and I'm sure he really appreciated that.

I was married for 30 years and my wife never had an inkling that there was anything abnormal about my behaviour, except for my volcanic temper outbursts.

It already became a hot social issue specially in IT advanced country. The singer and actor have been suicide due to contineous malicious posts/replies on their website.

It is a real crime and ruin someone's life. If I were him, I would kill them first before ending his own life.

AW:
suicide sites

there is a site out there for everything, isn't there?

Sad and terrible death, my condolences to his family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom