The new Mk25 / G260 is in the house...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the new G260 for the first time. It is a sweet 2nd stage.

It might just be able to live up to the reputation of the G250V!

And the G250V might just be able to live up to the reputation of the original G250.

And the G250 might just be able to live up to the reputation of the balanced/adjustable.

Notice a trend?

The smaller case size will have a theoretical effect on performance, but not a good one IMO. It means a smaller volume of ambient air, which means that the ambient air will move faster through the 2nd stage, if all else is the same creating more venturi effect and colder air in your mouth. How perceivable any of this is I have no idea. I'm sure there are other factors.

The smaller case could also mean theoretically less distance between diaphragm and exhaust valve, so less case fault geometry. Who knows; the main thing to SP I'm sure is that it looks nicer on the dive shop wall, and I suspect having a new 2nd stage that's more sidemount friendly was important to them.

I actually think it looks better than the 50th anniversary S600/Mk25...was tempted to buy one today.

Took out my Open Water and Advanced divers this past Sunday.

Made 5 dives, 2 deep dives 87 and 70 then 3 thirty footers or less.

This is an excellent real world Reg with smooth breathing character and must say it does out perform it's older brother.

i'll be adding another 260 to my gear bags in the near future..

I was gonna pick one up but decided I will finally do my IDC after being a DM for 13 years :doh:

I was gonna pick one up but decided I will finally do my IDC after being a DM for 13 years :doh:

Where are you doing your IDC and IE?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom