The most relaxed deco I ever had

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was diving a pinnacle and the current was so bad that the rest of the rec divers thumbed the dive and left me on oc and 2 rebreather guys to enjoy the reef for ourselves while they try to find something more.... tourist friendly.

The dive was amazing, I even got a shot of a small bluefin that scared the crap out of the baitfish. I also really missed a wide angle light I might actually invest into some, at some points I would be completely in the shade and I'm certain that the gorgonias would look incredible even with something cheap.
As I started to ascend I noticed the current getting stronger, like no longer swimmable stronger so I ducked and weaved in between the rocks crawling and hoping not to grab a fire worm or a moray.

When I go to the top of the pinnacle I grabbed on for dear life and went on with 20ish minutes of deco I had left and watched this spectacle in front of me, I can't say I ever expected deco to be the best part of a dive.

Even the fish are like "Man, screw this current"!

With that current, what were you holding on to that allowed you to stay stationary and stable to get that video? Nice !

With that current, what were you holding on to that allowed you to stay stationary and stable to get that video? Nice !
I clipped off the gopro to a rock and I still had to slow down the video by 10-15% to get it a bit more stable.

It created a rather hypnotic little film. Very cool video.

looks very relaxing from the video, bet it wasn't in real life with that current. Agree on the lights, they help a lot, especially with go pros since you can't adjust white balance under water. Footage looks great though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom