The Moment Komodo Transitioned to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last week I returned from Labuan Bajo. There is a lot of new construction going up. The new airport is brining in a lot more visitors.

But to put things into perspective, I remember visiting Sharm el Sheikh in 1991. There were maybe 3 or 4 hotels. The last time I visited there must have been more than fifty. Dive boats would have 15 divers following the same leader. Naama Bay was a crazy scene with the divers trying to get on the boats.

Okay so at Batu Bolong there were a couple of boats. I had a nice crepe and enjoyed it too.

Still barbed wire and security around the hotel in Port Morsby, $400 a night for it.

I was diving Komodo last year, back after 4 years. The amount of divers in the water on famous dives close to LBJ went up huge. Lots of divers in the strong current rolling down the corral. The new airport will except international flights and it will not get better. Asian travel market is booming.

My last visit there was in August 2014. I may not be able to recognize the place any more.

Bill, you will not recognize the town. LBJ has a new airport terminal, paved road to town, sushi, Mexican food, etc... last year, I counted well over 50 LOBs in the harbor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom