The Mighty SCUBA Ducks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
BSA Venture Crew 7 out of Central FLorida Council, will be going on the SS Minnow on Saturday, November 16th, 2002. It will probably be an afternoon dive, but I am opening it up to any who would like to join us! Cost is usually around $35-$40 bucks for a two tank dive. Tanks and other rentals are extra.

as we will be having some students with us as well as the crew. If they have a wreck within that depth, we can do that as well.

But I just have to ask......Isn't the Minnow the one that went out for a three hour cruise? And never came back?

The world needs more people like you donating so much time to such worthy causes....

Keep up the good work,

Dave

Our group consisted of 11 (8 kids, 3 adults). We were told by some that the seas would be 4-6 ft, and by the captain of the Minnow said that the seas were 2-3 ft. Probably should have listened to the others. Seas were an easy 4-6 ft with some bigger swells. It was quite uncomfortable for the newer divers. But we managed to get in one dive before the big storm hit (a cold front) and we scrubbed the subsequent dive due to weather.

We do have one new diver as of this trip... way to go Erica! As the Atlantic gets rougher for the winter, we will probably be doing some spring dive/Marine Land dives to keep us out of trouble. For those of you with kids 14-21, I will keep posting our trips here. Feel free to PM me if you would like to come out with us. Our Venture Crew is 60% girls so it is not like most BSA Venture Crews... and we have fun. Even when the winds howl and the seas are rough!

Pete,

You are advertising your age. Most people think E Tickets are the ones you get from the airlines. :)

So, how many people know what an E Ticket is?

NetDoc once bubbled...
Our group consisted of 11 (8 kids, 3 adults). We were told by some that the seas would be 4-6 ft, and by the captain of the Minnow said that the seas were 2-3 ft. Probably should have listened to the others. Seas were an easy 4-6 ft with some bigger swells. It was quite uncomfortable for the newer divers. But we managed to get in one dive before the big storm hit (a cold front) and we scrubbed the subsequent dive due to weather.

We do have one new diver as of this trip... way to go Erica! As the Atlantic gets rougher for the winter, we will probably be doing some spring dive/Marine Land dives to keep us out of trouble. For those of you with kids 14-21, I will keep posting our trips here. Feel free to PM me if you would like to come out with us. Our Venture Crew is 60% girls so it is not like most BSA Venture Crews... and we have fun. Even when the winds howl and the seas are rough!

I kept looking at the Weather Channel website looking at the shades of green and orange sweeping through the Palm Beaches yesterday and was wondering if you were going to get out.

Please do keep posting your trips - my daughter was disappointed (as was I) that we couldn't go yesterday. But we will make a future one.

Thanks again for the invite.

Marc :jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom