The lowest temp you have taken your MK25 to.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally don't own any scubapro regs, but I do know a commercial diver here who brings his regs to the shop for servicing, he states that the Mk25's don't really cause free flow issues until you are working really hard in below 32F water. Recently he brought them in for service and attested that he had an uncontrollable freeflow while working in 25F water, The scenario was heavy work (commercial urchin harvesting) while using a mk25 & G250V on a Full face mask.

I would personally be going with a mk17 in these waters, but it certainly attests to the capabilities of the Mk25.

HTH

Travis

Last edited:
I have had them to 38f. I get them serviced annually. Partly because of warranty, mostlyl because they are used often. They are married to s600 second stages. I have had no issues with free flow. I don't do any extremely strenuous diving/ work while in cold water. I like ships and sight seeing. Many of my friends use the same set up with no issues.

i use a mk 25 g 250 v and have had no issues in 33F in lake ontario. set breathes great and have yet to have a free flow issue

I have a combo of MK25 and MK17 with S600 on my twins (independant) that I use in the Great Lake year round and never had a problem. I've also been using a Mares Abyss on single tank for 17 years and works very well for Ice or Maritimes diving ! I wonder if there's any colder water then Halifax ??? Lol

I did a short dive in the Fraser river last January with mine and had no problems in 34 degree water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom