The Launch Sequence Has Begun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
January 18th--COZUMEL! El Cid/La Ciba/ Papa Hogs

What are:

1] Three best restaurants
2] Three cheapest restaurants
3]Best seafood restaurant
4] Best breakfast resaurant

These are the big questions being asked this week
by this Merry Traveler. Since reputations and ownership
change rapidly I'm looking for the current situation.

Opinions are cheerfully accepted!:D

We are staying at Casa Del Mar sister hotel of Le Ceiba on the 25th of this month for a week. We have hung out at Le ceiba before and liked it. If you're there for more then a week maybe we can grab a tank and jump in right there and do the plane wreck and then you can show me your famous manatee spider man crawl :D :D

Three best restaurants......too many to pick only 3

Best seafood I loved
Lobster Cove
pepes grill ( very expensive)
Sonhora grill (surf and turf)

three cheapest restaurants ..
I don't know but eating in more from the crowds and closer to the locals will no doubt garner a better value and the food will still be great

best breakfast .......
Hogtown cafe
jeanies waffle house
ernestos

we'll only be there for a week and will be
leaving the day you arrive. I'm hoping for
more time next year.

The ManateeSpidermanCrawl is a very
tricky skill. In fact PADI is making it a
specialty next year. The part most students
have trouble with is the hanging on the
side of the boat while screaming " Get
me in now before I drown!!"

By the way, I'm afraid it isn't DIR.

:D

When ya leavin' Cozumel? My wife, myself, and another dive couple who we are friends with will be there 1/31 thru 2/3. We are staying at Casa Del Mar and will be diving with Papa Hoggs.

Lawman,

Capi el Navegante - Good Seafood, Best Margaritas on the Island!, and the Bananas Flambae is quite a show. They even dim the lights when they prepare it at your table...and it's delicious!

Casa la Mission - The one in the Center of town with the big gardens (oh, and the lions), Nice atmosphere, really good mexican food, Good surf & turf. There is a little trio there that plays mariachi type music for entertainment and they ROCK

Pancho's Backyard - Nice atmosphere and good mexican food , although I personally don't think it's quite as good as everybody raves about it being, but the outdoor seating area is great atmosphere.

Ernestos Fajitas - Fajitas are ok, but nowhere as good as everybody raves about them being. I thought they were comperable to a Cilli's or Tia's chain type restaurant you see here in the states. I can get better fajitas here in my home town(although, I do live in Texas). Outdoor seating on the water is nice.

Diamond DC bakery - great little lunch spot. more of local place, reminds me of a little French Cafe type place. Really good food.

French Quarter - good food, nice atmosphere, owner is a nice guy, I believe they have a little of everything. Mex seafood with a cajun flare, BBQ ribs( on Friday or Saturday nights, I think), Kind of pricey but really good food. eating upstairs on the deck is nice atmosphere.

Those are the only ones I've personally tried.

Here is a good website for this kind of info. It has reviews from tourists of restaurants, dive shops, etc.

www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel.html

Have a great trip!

I wrote it all down. Being from Texas I
think you have higher standards for
Mexican food than I do, so I appreciate
the review. I'm going to go to ALL of these
places as part of my new healthy diet.
Beer, Tacos, and refried beans. What
we scientists call "the tripod of good health.":)

Zagnut once bubbled...
When ya leavin' Cozumel? My wife, myself, and another dive couple who we are friends with will be there 1/31 thru 2/3. We are staying at Casa Del Mar and will be diving with Papa Hoggs.

wow this is really hit and miss. Lawman leaves the day we arrive (maybe taking the same plane back to Michigan) and we leave the day you arrive.....bummer

To my defence I originally tried for 10 days and was told Northwest wasn't going to do it:upset:

For breakfast--it's jeannie's waffle house--good --but a little pricy since they moved. Coco's--on the plaza is still good and reasonable--and the Museum is good also for breakfast---on the water front and a little better priced than jeannies. Supper----always good food and pleanty of it--The Mission on 35th just down from San Francisco market. Very good food---and good prices---3 tacos plus all the trimmings---36 pesos----t-bone steak---60 pesos--can't beat it! And a combination plate for 70 pesos that will feed 2 at least!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom