The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...

You have to be a DAN member, login to the website, and then view the PDF.

Hehe, I've been a member since '96 but never been to their website! :) Thanks for the tip.

Decent read but IMO it seemed to glorify people who made many wrong decisions based on their training.......lots of training. Some things of those decisons were quite dumb. Diving that deep on air they knew they were taking a very serious risk. The book noted that they were not doing real well financially and could not afford to dive mixed gas. Well, if you can't dive with proper equipment then maybe you really should'nt be diving.

I'm reading Deep Decent right now and am about finished. Decent book as well.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I don't know if this book should be required reading but I think the DAN report should. I include a short review of it in each of my OW classes.
Mike,

What do you search on to find this document?

WileEDiver once bubbled...

Mike,

What do you search on to find this document?
It is available from the DAN website (see my previous post)..

snapperd1 once bubbled...
Has anyone read the book? I just finished it last night. Very good read, but a sad story in the end.

Have a great Day

TD

But also a sad one. Good lesson for us.

O-ring once bubbled...
It is available from the DAN website (see my previous post)..
O-ring,

I saw the post. I logged into the DAN website, and tried various searches--none that got the right hit. That's why I thought I'd ask Mike.

Don,
Thanks for the link I knew I had read part of the post before, but at work I cannot use the search feature.

Thanks

TD

snapperd1 once bubbled...
Don,
Thanks for the link I knew I had read part of the post before, but at work I cannot use the search feature.

Thanks

TD

Snapper,

Glad I could help.

There might be something cookie related going with the security on the machine where you work.

I've read the three books and each has it's own good features.

I still haven't found anyone who has read Gary Gentile's book about the Andrea Doria.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom