The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snapperd1

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone read the book? I just finished it last night. Very good read, but a sad story in the end.

Have a great Day

TD

snapperd1 once bubbled...
Has anyone read the book? I just finished it last night. Very good read, but a sad story in the end.
TD

You are quite right, Snapper! I told Bernie that it should be required reading for all tech divers! Some think it would be good to require all trainee divers to read it!:wink:

(Here's something I promised myself I'd never say)
There is already a good thread on this book. Do a search and check it out.

Also, if you liked Last Dive, you'll like another book called Deep Decent - Death Diving on the Andrea Dorea (or something like that).

I have encouraged a number of OW divers to read it, along with encouraging a Nitrox course in order to introduce them to the importance of using the proper gas.

I would not recommend the book for non-divers as it would tend to dissuade them from trying recreational scuba.

...that it should be required reading for all tech divers!
I probably said this in the other thread (too lazy to look) :eek:ut:
but I think The Last Dive should be required reading for all divers, tech or not.

I tryed the search but it was not working from my work machine. I agree it should be mandatory reading. I thought when reading it the writer went on many tangents, but after reading the chapter on his accident it really does pull the story together. Kind of like he is warning you to be carfull but is not yelling it to you.

Later

TD

I don't know if this book should be required reading but I think the DAN report should. I include a short review of it in each of my OW classes.

I too tried to do a search but I keep getting thrown out of scubaboard!!!

I wouldl ike more info about this book...

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I don't know if this book should be required reading but I think the DAN report should. I include a short review of it in each of my OW classes.

Mike, do you have a web link for that DAN report?

GearHead once bubbled...

Mike, do you have a web link for that DAN report?
You have to be a DAN member, login to the website, and then view the PDF.

Back
Top Bottom