The Ladies Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just remembered the thousands of vile commodes I had to use in the years I spent in Asia, and that the technique used for squatting on the floor level ones can be applied to the traditional western style ones that rarely if ever even have a seat.

Lift the lid, stand on the rim and squat. This does leave footprints on the toilet rim, which is a little weird but solves the stance problem. Comfortable and clean.

I was so suprised when I rememberd this, that I just had to go try it, and yup, still works.

I dont know how this technique would work in three inch heels though as I dont own any.

SueMermaid:
I just thought it was important that you all know this. :D

duly noted. See above.

rickg:
Then there is always the bucket in the back of the open Boston whaler making 20mph in choppy seas option.

Rickg

'Course, there's always the Warhammer Maneuver!

How come I had the feeling that someone would bring that up? :D

:errrr: You can always tell when someone has used "the stance", because the toilet seat is full of urine. I've never been able to figure out what someone thinks can be caught by sitting on a toilet seat, unless you slide around all over it!! Think of the millions of things you touch with your hands that other people with God-knows-what on their hands have already touched-and then you put your fingers in your mouth, or eyes, etc-now that's gross!!

cancun mark:
I just remembered the thousands of vile commodes I had to use in the years I spent in Asia, and that the technique used for squatting on the floor level ones can be applied to the traditional western style ones that rarely if ever even have a seat.

Lift the lid, stand on the rim and squat. This does leave footprints on the toilet rim, which is a little weird but solves the stance problem. Comfortable and clean.

I was so suprised when I rememberd this, that I just had to go try it, and yup, still works.

I dont know how this technique would work in three inch heels though as I dont own any.

duly noted. See above.

This method also works nicely in the port-a-potties. One friend was too short to use the "stance" in the port-a-potty, so one of the guys just told her to stand on the toilet "bench" area and squat over the opening.

Okay. Will someone tell me what that is? I know, I know, I don't wanna know. But sheesh, I can only stand it for so long before curiosity gets to me. I've been on this board for what? A year and a half? And I still don't know what it is.

There's still a working link to the picture on the board if you look for it.

Well, that's a bummer. I can't open it because of the Net Nanny we have at work. *pout* I'll have to wait till I get home.

Back
Top Bottom