• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The Kraken is Garbage by Divers Ready

Discussion in 'Vintage Double Hose' started by richard kanner, Mar 1, 2021.

1. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    My Kraken works just fine, thank you very much.

2. napDiver

napDiver ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I used to love divers ready. But everytime he talks about anything that's not typical tech equipment, he seems to be incredibly off for me. As if a couple dives will make him an expert on it... I feel like he suffers from typical old man tech diver, this is DIR/Tech and how everyone should do it. There is no space to think or reason outside of that. I feel like that's really a huge disservice to recreational divers as itll scare them from trying anything non tech standard.

For me, diving is a freedom that allows me to thinker and try things for various reasons. As long as it can be done safely, let dive. A lot of people dive for niche reasons and thats super cool. The less poorly trained OW divers that are made cookie cutter, the better for the community. I'm happy alec is on the let dive team. Maybe I should make a let dive channel, I'm still upset XD.

Btw he initially triggered me on his SS1 review which all his cons were BS. Rant over

Lostdiver71 and lexvil like this.
  3. Kensei

Kensei Master Fin Sharpener ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    For a long time, my policy has been to not make decisions about a person's character until they've been given the opportunity to right a wrong or more fully explain their actions. Their response to that opportunity is the best indication of their character.

4. James79

James79 Reinventor of Wheels ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I emailed him this morning... He responded promptly (with a, singular, valid point, and a lot of superiority while trying to "correct inaccuracies" in my email). I acknowledged the point he made (and apologized for an assumption I made), and clarified what he called my inaccuracies, and said I would leave the details out of the conversation I was having with others unless he OK'd it (I don't think it shows him well). I have not heard back yet... but so far his first response confirms my initial feelings on his character.

For what's worth, I hope he proves me wrong.

Respectfully,

james