The Keelan advantage !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gudu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The Keelan advantage
Beginning of May 2012, I signed up for an PADI Open Water course which concluded in being certified as of today. For me this Course was definitely no walk in the Park. Being 60+, overweight and out of shape proved my biggest handicap and I was more the once ready to call it quits. The only reason I kept hanging in there was because of our extremely capable, dedicated and tireless Instructor Keelan which would use his endless patience to guide me trough without cutting any corners. My heartfelt thank,s to Keelan and all the Staff at Ogden Point Dive Center in Victoria BC. Canada.
If I would do it again I would definitely beforehand shed a few pounds, get into adequate shape and again practice-practice-practice clearing the Mask underwater. The e-learning in combination with the hardcopy Manual worked very well allowing me to Study at my own pace and when convenient therefore not interrupting my normal Life*******:D

Anfang Mai 2012, schrieb ich mich fuer den PADI Offenes Wasser Kursus ein mit dem ergebniss dass ich ab heute meinen Tauchschein habe. Fuer mich war das keine leichte sache. Ich bin ueber 60+ Jahre alt etwas uebergewichtig und wenig trainiert. Einige male hatte ich lust die gesammte sache hinzuwerfen. Der einzige grund warum ich weitermachte war die tatsache dass wir einen sehr guten Tauchlehrer hatten der mit seiner endlosen Geduld einen einfach nicht aufgeben liess und sicher machte dass der gesammte Lehrstoff aufgenommen wurde. Meinen herzlichsten dank an unserem Tachlehrer “Keelan” sowie der belegschaft vom Ogden Point Dive Center in Victoria, British Columbia, Kanada.
Wenn ich den Kursus nochmal machen wuerde, wuerde ich im vorfeld einige Kilos abnehmen, meine Muskeln trainieren und vielemal unterwasser das entleeren der Tauchmaske ueben. Den theoretischen teil erledigte ich ueber Computer hatte aber auserdem auch noch das Buch vorliegen. Diese situation erlaube wennimmer ich gerade zeit hatte zu Lernen ohne mein normales Leben durcheinaner zu bringen.*******:D

Congrats! I've met Keelan before, and he's a cool guy. Never had instruction from him, though.

Keep diving! Tons of great dive sites other than Ogden Point around Victoria.

Congratulations! You are in one of the best places on the planet to be a diver, and it sounds as though you got a good introduction.

And a personal thank you from me, for posting this in English and German; it gave me a great opportunity to read the German, decide what I thought it said, and go up to the English and check -- good practice!

Thanks to everybody hope to see you on, no make that in the Water.

Gudu :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom