The Hot Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone! I'm back on dryland from another contract with NCL. I'm home for a few months this time and I've started training my girlfriend for her Scuba Diver course. She has completed the pool sessions and we will be going to the Hot Hole this weekend with a local dive shop. I would like for anyone who has it to give me as much info about diving Keowee and the Hot Hole as they can. Depths, average vis, what to expect to see...anything like that. I would appreciate it so much. Thanks a lot everyone!

Hey Bud, glad to see you made it back to dry land. It's a nuclear power plant. The viz is usually 20' at it's best. The outflow of the power plant heats the water and makes for a great drift dive. Right off the side of the pontoon where they usually have the students do skills is 15' or so. Max depth I hit when diving the hothole was around 45' or so. It is really a fun dive. What you can expect to see, lots of fishing lures, some rocks, lots of mud, and green water. I actually did see a few catfish when I was down there last. I assume I know who you are going out with, and tell Reese hey for me.

Matt

A friend of mine from NC and I will be on Saturday's boat. Its murky, but its the best place to go locally till Jocassee warms up a little. If you're on the afternoon boat I'll see you there!

Back
Top Bottom